Sunday, February 1, 2009

A New Furkin!

Hello Prim Buddies!

We are having a spring-like day here in Philly (but not to last from what I hear...) so I would have had to be nutso to stay inside today. So I took a walk down by the river, which felt so good to get some sun and 'warm' breeze. Then had to run errands. Lucky me, I have to pass a cute little collectibles shop in the back of an old church on the way to grocery shopping! Well, I saw it was open and was having a big sale today. I picked up this cute firkin for a very reasonable price.

Also, picked up these wooden spoons for 50 cents. You know I will paint these! Love that scooper thing -- never saw one like that.


I finally finished making some yarn balls for my big wooden bowl. Wouldn't it be great if I knew how to use knitting needles??? LOL.
Speaking of sewing, I must say that I am so impressed with all of the sewing so many of you can do! I used to do tons of needlepoint when it was the 'in' thing -- it was SOO relaxing. Then it got really expensive -- it still is. I was checking out some patterns on the web, and they are still way too expensive. I used to have a great little needlepoint warehouse nearby, but they closed a few years ago. Do any of you still needlepoint?
We are being told that we are about to get a snowstorm Monday nite into Tuesday. 3-6 here in the city, 6-12 up North. Ok, I'm ready. Haven't had any real snow at all this winter. I bet this one blows right by us just like the other ones!

I'm off to a super bowl party (where I can't eat any of the bad stuff. LOL) Enjoy the game and have a great nite!

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous...that furkin is great!
    And what a find on those wooden spoons! You just gave me an idea...I will have to get me some of those and paste wax them with my tinted paste wax...What color are you going to paint yours?
    I just ate some hot wings...I will have to do some mega housework tomorrow to burn those calories off!
    I hope you get your snow! I would love to have more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you have a great time this evening. :)
    how about doing some cross stitch? its pretty reasonably priced for supplies.
    i love the firkin bucket. you got a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I love your firkin!!! :)
    Glad ya got out and enjoyed the nice day...it was nice here too-in the 40s & sunny! Seemed like SPRING!

    Have a happy Monday!

    hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, people still needlepoint, I've been stitching since 1970 when I was a teenager. And there are plenty of inexpensive options for doing needlepoint, including Bargello, my favorite, which uses a blank canvas and can use any kind of thread from inexpensive floss to expensive silks and look great.

    On my reference site, All about needlepoint (http://www.aboutneedlepoint.com) there is even a whole index to free needlepoint designs available on the web.

    If anyone is interested please email me (napaneedlepoint @ gmail.com - remove spaces) and I will give you help either learning needlepoint (I have a free email course) or finding inexpensive options for doing needlepoint.

    Keep Stitching,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to visit my blog and leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
~~Terry~~