Monday, October 5, 2009

How was your weekend?

We had a beautiful Fall weekend here in the big city. The a/c is back off after a short and unexpected hot/humid Friday, the windows are open, and the breeze is blowing. Sky blue, just the perfect Fall days. On Saturday, I was up at my alma mater doing some career work with the seniors; helping with resume prep, interviewing, etc. They are obviously coming out of college at the worst possible time for job placement. I almost forgot how much I love being with students – teaching was my calling, but sadly, it just didn’t pay the bills. Without a PhD, I couldn’t get full time, and teaching part time was just too difficult financially (even though I did it for nearly 10 years). It was fun to go back for the day and see my old professor colleagues and my university.

Sunday was craft show day, and the weather was perfect for it. Oh, I just love October! Picked up just a few little things, since I am being oh-so-careful with the cash, but can’t go to a craft show without picking up a few little things, right? I love this pillow, and believe it or not, I only had one sign that I won from Beth last year, so I picked up one of those. It was just great to be outside and enjoy the Fall weather. Of course, I forgot my camera, but the leaves are ever so slowly starting to change and the sun is definitely a ‘fall sun.’ Golden and clear.

This is short as I need to leave for work, but here are a few of the goodies I picked up. Have a great day, all!




tree from my window -- leaves are turning!

posing for you-- what a princess~ LOL

4 comments:

  1. The pillow is adorable! So perfect for the entire fall season! isn't this weather THE BEST!!??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the goodies you got and thanks for my furry photo of the day..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finds are beautiful.......!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry,
    Love the pillow with the pumpkin and crow on it!! What a pretty view to be able to see the leaves turning from your window!
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to visit my blog and leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
~~Terry~~